Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tokyo day three

Today was a quiet day. I got up early (because of the jetlag) and went for a 7am breakfast at Denny's. This cost £2.40 and was sausage, bacon (more like thin ham), scrambled eggs, lettuce with dressing, a slice of extra thick toast with cream butter and jam and free coffee refills.

I hung around the apartment all day doing some work and reading and doing a bit of consolidating. Later I went to the local district of downtown Tokyo (Ikebukuro) with Steve (my boss who is here for the week). We decided to go western and we found an Italian place on floor 11 of the Tobu department store. I had spaghetti bolognese, Asahi beer and vanilla ice cream for about £9.

Later I got the phone working and spoke to my wife for the first time since I got here which was brilliant. Nicola doesn't arrive until next Saturday so she's missing out on all the fun. I don't have any pictures of the food or the bright neon lights from today because my camera ran out of batteries in Ikebukuro before the first picture was taken. Note to self; take some spare batteries in future.

No comments: