Monday, January 07, 2008

Tokyo day four

I'm very tired today because I was up at 6am. I pottered round for a bit then had toast and coffee (pronounced cohee in japanese) and cereals. I bought the wrong milk and it had yoghurt in it but meh. Japanese TV is mad.

I went into the lab at 10am and we spent the day degassing the germanium sample we will be looking at.

The big surprise was the food on campus;

Lunch; tonkatsu (battered fried pork) with rice and curry (little pickled peppers in the rice which made it taste AMAZING and english mustard with the tonkatsu), miso soup and green tea all for, wait for it... £2.

Dinner; Udon noodles with seaweed and some other veggies and tofu with green tea... £1!!

Called at the supermarket for some butter and proper milk and now I'm drinking beer and about to watch some red dwarf.

So ends my domestic diary for today.

No comments: