Monday, July 23, 2007

Tesco Beware

Tesco is the giant of UK consumer retail. 1 in 8 pounds spent on the high street goes to Tesco. I have been a Tesco customer for many years now and I like the range of goods, the low prices, the clean bright stores and, most of all, the loyalty clubcard. However, I have noticed that things are starting to slip. The fresh food is, to put it plainly, awful. The quality of the fresh meat has dipped considerably and the fruit and vegetables are always low on stock and the only options seem to be multipacks whereas I want to pick my own. I now shop elsewhere and I'm prepared to pay more for the extra quality. I've heard grumbles from others too and Tesco should be careful. If all of their customers feel fed up and start to leave in droves it will be very hard to coax them back. Food is why people enter your supermarkets. Don't take your eye off the ball because it might be more than just this one loyal customer that you loose.

No comments: