Monday, July 30, 2007

Orange gigs'n'tours

Orange have a new offer to their customers. You get to reserve concert tickets 48 hours before they go on sale. Sounds great from an Orange customer perspective but any band that is willing to treat fans like this isn't worth watching. The argument can be made that most live events are more accessible to those who pay more; corporate boxes in football and snooker etc. But this Orange thingy is pure queue jumping which is a very non-British thing to do. I don't know why I'm bothered; the acts that are in partnership with Orange aren't the type of acts I'd like to see anyway. Shed Seven anyone? Lily Allen (*shudders like Homer when thinking of Patty and Selma*)? Amy Winehouse ('I'm on drugs, aren't I kewl)? The Streets (geezer, music once OK, now reported lost somewhere in celeb land)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shed Seven tickets? Is that supposed to be some sort of incentive? *brrrrr*