Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Coffee

A new study suggests that a morning coffee will not make a person more alert. The buzz is in getting the hit as the withdrawal symptoms kick in after a nights sleep. Nothing we didn't know already then. I don't drink coffee as a stimulant. I like the rich multi-facetted taste. It's nice and refreshing to drink warm liquid in a morning. It wakes the senses. There is a downside to being a coffee drinker; headaches, 50 calories of sugar and milk at a time and the diuretic effects driving me to the mens room every hour. But I can manage these side effects of my addiction. I won't be mugging anyone to pay for my habit. And my mantra of coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon means I don't lose sleep. Unless coffee has long term mental effects like cannabis then I'll continue cleaning out my French press pot every morning.

No comments: