Saturday, March 07, 2009

Amazon.co.uk mp3 site

The mp3 shop on amazon.co.uk is superb and it beats the pants of most of it's competitors (although I still dearly love bleep). Here's why;

  1. It is cheap
  2. There is no digital rights management
  3. It is quick
  4. There is a good selection
  5. They have linux versions of their download assistant
Today I have been downloading some great records;


Oxygene and Equinoxe by Jean-Michel Jarre and Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass


I've also been searching for treasure. Two sites I really love are cosmobells and 36 15 moog. Both are blogs written by collectors who find rare treasure on vinal and make mp3 files available. If you like electronica and old moog and synth music it is a hoarde of precious things the likes of which cannot be found or bought anywhere. My 'free' find of the day is High Tech by CLaude Larson

No comments: